Saturday, May 10, 2014

OptiFast week 3 - day 4

well, shit. that temporary filling my dentist put in started to break down and got wedged in the crack in my molar. imagine one of the metal blade pieces that are used to split logs - being driven down into the heart of my toof. damn, it hurt. so i called and so they sent a prescription over to Safeway. Tylenol with codeine  sweet relief. there is nothin' like a toothache. 

i visited her again today to have her take a look. she removed the offending piece and some of the pressure was gone. she also sent a refill for the Tylenol #3s, I am burning through them like nobody's biz. I really don't like the way they make me feel - dopey but not sleepy. and NAUSEOUS. each dose sets my stomach to churning. Pharmacist said to take them with food and I thought the shakes would suffice. they don't. :( so i'm caught between tooth pain or stomach trouble. i'll take the stomach trouble and keep taking the pills. my consultation is Tuesday morning, just gotta make it 'til then. 

actually I don't know that they'll extract it the same day or if I'll hafta return. anyway - the end is in sight. in the meantime, I had to email and notify Dr. Alexander that I'm on them and also asked/said that I'd need to make a food choice - something to help the pills settle better on my stomach. i'm avoiding carb choices entirely, today with my first dose I had one scrambled egg. second dose I had a small banana. next one i'll try half a can of no added salt green beans. all low cal, natural and sugar and carb free foods. 

i am not - i repeat not - going to feel bad about eating temporarily. i also am not going to use it as an excuse to "really eat". i'm looking at it as a necessary temporary situation and give myself permission to not lose (much) weight this week. i will be happy if i maintain. fuckin' tooth. argh.

WOOT - we are fostering to adopt a kitty girl tomorrow! she's been housed at our neighborhood Petco for a little over a month now. I stopped in yesterday to pick up vittles for Jim and there she was - still there! I was surprised, remembered her immediately for her friendliness and charm. I spoke to a woman from the all-volunteer run cat rescue organization that is behind the adoptions (called Gimme Shelter). She understands we are slightly trepidatious due to not knowing how Jimmy will react, she is going to bring her over tomorrow at 2:30 for a trial run/introduction. We plan to keep them separated and go slow, following their lead. i am really excited and a tad nervous. Jim is going to shit bricks. heh. I want him to have a companion tho, for when we're gone during the day and when we go on trips. I HOPE they become pals. fingers crossed. 




No comments: