Tuesday, May 06, 2014

OptiFast - week 2 done!

I lost 5.8 pounds this week, down to 295.7 - down 10.5 total. i overheard someone else in the group sharing about their 20lb loss so far. i was happy for him. and for a nanosecond disappointed in comparing my loss so far. how silly is that? i am not competitive. also, he is a guy. and bigger than me. AND i have my period this week. so - so what? all i care is that i lost and am feeling good. 

i enrolled at Chamberlain School of Nursing today and start class tmw. Hoping to earn my BSN in less than a year. to the tune of $18,000. considering the entirety of my academic career up to this point has been at community college, the tuition comes with a little sticker price shock. i know it will be worth the investment, though. hopefully it will open some doors.

our group leader, Ann shared a micro synopsis of Michael Pollen's book "In Defense of Food" with us tonight - 

Eat real food
Not too much
Mostly plants

love it.


No comments: