Wednesday, April 30, 2014

OptiFast week 2 - day 1

i got to sleep 'til almost 1pm today. day 2 of feeling like poo. but it could be worse. did i mention that after the meeting last night i drove my happy OptiFast ass over to the Gordo on Clement? and parked. and got in the approx. 10 people deep line. and stood there for a minute. and then came to my senses and got back in the car and drove home. the thought that stopped me, that was louder than the cravings and the hunger for warm, salty, gooey, cheesy, ricey and meaty burrito was that if i gave into that temptation, what's changed? and change is what i'm looking for. not just a change in my weight but a long term change in my behavior around food choices. it's that saying that goes: "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got" UPDATE: Henry Ford said that.

Fresh supply bars and shakes stocked in my kitchen. and a promise I made to myself honored and protected. Even if only for today.

No comments: