Saturday, April 26, 2014

OptiFast - Day 3

how it went:

spent the morning and early afternoon at St. Anthony's on Golden Gate volunteering. It was good to get out, to be busy and active, keeping my mind off food. Even though my job was in the dining room, serving food. I also bussed and cleaned tables, swept the floor and passed out the ever popular and in demand plastic cups of sickly sweet red bug juice. Hearing the constant scrapes of forks on the plastic trays and watching the food being shoved eagerly into the hungry pie holes gave me some perspective on what it means to be hungry. At break time, I grabbed my protein bar and ate, then got right back into the flow.

So I followed the plan yesterday until about 8pm, when Jason made some seasoned ground turkey for his dinner... As i was washing dishes I kept smelling the leftover turkey on the stove. He left the apartment and dipped downstairs to take out the trash at one point and I found myself hovering over the turkey, managed to shovel about 3 tablespoons into my mouth before I stopped. I surely wanted more. within 2 minutes I had hiccups. lol. had my last shake about an hour later and went to bed wondering if it was a "cheat" and grateful that it was "only protein".

No comments: