Sunday, June 08, 2014

OptiFast week 7 - day 4

So, the baptism class was good. and brief. then we went to union square and got our frames picked and eyeglasses ordered. Jason got some really nice ones that have a retro look to them, almost straight outta the 80's. maybe more 70's. (pic below). of course i am kidding. he got some nice ones.

Made it to the Giants/Mets game tonight, it was a sleepy game for a bit then they came from behind and won, a lot of fun. and 2.8 miles round trip walk to the park. My FitBit let me know I made it over 10,000 steps for the first time. yay me. that's cool. unfortunately i decided to wear my new Keen shoes for the first time today, though, managed to work up a couple good blisters. le sigh.

i set my daily goal at 5,000 steps. we'll see how this week goes.

Also, more exercise on the horizon (damn, three days in a row). Ann, our group leader is leading an exercise group tmw at Crissy Field. show us some things we can do at any level of fitness, she's really good at showing us modifications to standard exercises (standing push ups against a wall, chair sitting squats, etc). and it's at 10am, so I even get to sleep in and chill for a bit before heading out. i have no excuse not to go, I love Crissy Field for walking, beautiful views of the GG Bridge, cool breeze, should be a lovely day. sure, why not. I couldn't make these changes for years - all of a sudden here I am - just doing it. if i stop to think about it too long, it would trip me out. so i'll just keep moving.




No comments: